Featured Trades: (UNG), (NATURAL GAS) 3) Don’t Get Sucked Into Natural Gas. When natural gas was trading at $6 at the beginning of the year, I warned readers to stay away because it would take years to discount the discovery of a new 100 year supply through the new ‘fracting’ technology (click here for the [...]
'Caution is cool,' said Michael Farr, president of money manager Farr, Miller & Washington.
Featured Trades: (PLND), (EPOL) Market Vectors Poland ETF iShares MSCI Poland Investable Market ETF 2) Where to Play the Dead Cat Bounce in Europe. The currency is in free fall, and the continent is about to enter a new dark age, as enforced deleveraging brings economic collapse and widespread civil unrest. To me, this all [...]
Featured Trades: (GLD), (SLV), (PPLT), (PALL) SPDR Gold Trust Shares ETF iShares Silver Trust ETF ETFS Physical Platinum Shares ETF ETFS Physical Palladium Shares ETF 3) Gold Crucifies Doubters. Gold (GLD) blasted through to an all time high last night, doubters and naysayers carping all the way up that it was overpriced. The white metals [...]
Featured Trades: (AVA.TO) 4) Fears of Rare Earth Shortages Rise. Fears that Chinese hoarding of rare earths would lead to global shortages hit the market this week. The government has stopped issuing licenses for new exploration until mid 2011. It has also capped production at 892,000 tonnes for this year. This comes in the wake [...]
'We are still in the gravitational pull of the Great Recession. I would have to put the likelihood of a double dip recession now up to 50%,' said my old UC Berkeley economics professor, Robert Reich.
Featured Trades: (NEW WEBSITE LAUNCH) 1) With much fanfare and celebration, I am happy to announce my new state of the art website for www.madhedgefundtrader.com . The ground up rebuild offers vastly enhanced functionality and ease of use. For a start, the old website, Hedge Fund Radio, and the blog have been consolidated into [...]
2) Gotta Love Those Lean Hogs! Those hapless investors who ignored my advice to sell in May and go away certainly paid the price. Take a look at the chart below of year to date asset class performance showing the shakeup that spring wrought in all its gory detail. The shift last month from green [...]
Featured Trades: (APOL), (COCO), (DV), (CECO), (BPI), (EDMC), (APEI), (WPO), (CPLA), (ESI) 3) Short Sellers Turn an Instant Profit in For-Profit Education. One of the great things about the Internet is that when you put something out there, often what comes back at you is ten times better. Last week I posted a piece [...]
Featured Trades: (BP), (GS), (C), (PFE), (MO), (AAPL) 4) Only Buy Companies You Hate. The Wall Street Journal published one of the funniest investment strategy pieces I have ever read. Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams argues that you should invest in companies you hate because only the most unprincipled and rapacious firms make the greatest profits. [...]
'Technical analysis'¦.has exactly the same scientific validity as pretending you are a witch and forecasting market moves from chicken droppings,' said humorist, Scott Adams, of Dilbert fame.
June 7, 2010 – Technical Analyst to the Stars, Charles Nenner, Says the Market Won’t Crash Until the Fall on Hedge Fund Radio
The Mad Hedge Fund Trader Interviews technical Analyst, Charles Nenner, who says the Market Won't Crash Until the Fall.
''Free choice is not relevant in financial markets because there are too many players. A stock with a million holders is much more predictable than one with five,' said Charles Nenner, of Charles Nenner Research in Amsterdam.
Featured Trades: (MAY NONFARM PAYROLL) 1) Where's the Beef? That was the thorny question wracking the brains of investors Friday morning on the heels of the hugely disappointing nonfarm payroll report showing that 430,000 jobs were gained in May. Never mind that this was the best report in several years. The problem arises when you [...]
Featured Trades: (U-HAUL) 2) My Favorite Secret Economic Indicator. It is the end of the school year at the University of California at Berkeley, and the unenviable task of moving my son, a junior, out of his hovel for the summer fell to me. When I arrived, I was stunned to find nothing less than [...]
- May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013
- July 2 New York Strategy Luncheon May 21, 2013
- End of the Commodity Super Cycle May 21, 2013
- May 21, 2013 – Quote of the Day May 21, 2013
- Follow Up to Trade Alert – (GLD) May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013
- Trade Alert – (GLD) May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013
- May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013
- Introducing the Mad Day Trader May 20, 2013
- A Special Note to Trade Alert Followers May 20, 2013
- Revisiting the First Silver Bubble May 20, 2013
- SOLD OUT! San Francisco November 4th Strategy Luncheon October 25, 2011
- My 2012-13 Stock Market Forecast. October 31, 2012
- Last Chance to Come Join Me for the Paris Strategy Luncheon – July 17, 2012 July 15, 2012
- Will Gold Coins Suffer the Fate of the $10,000 Bill? November 25, 2011
- My Personal Leading Economic Indicator November 25, 2011
- SOLD OUT! December 27 Chicago Strategy Luncheon December 22, 2011
- An Evening With the Chinese Intelligence Service December 25, 2011
- Take a Look at Occidental Petroleum (OXY) December 26, 2011
- Another Nail in the Euro Coffin January 16, 2012
- Sold Out! Las Vegas January 27, 2012 Strategy Luncheon January 23, 2012