‘Rupert Murdoch is very smart and is a great leader, but he’s made a mistake. He’s buried in ink, and in my view, there won’t be any newspaper business ten years from now. Fortunately, we’re buried in television and movies, and they’ll be here forever,’ said Sumner Redstone, chairman of Viacom and CBS.
As a potentially profitable opportunity presents itself, John will send you an alert with specific trade information as to what should be bought, when to buy it, and at what price.
Long term readers of this letter are well aware of my antipathy towards General Motors (GM). For decades, the company turned a blind ear to customer complaints about shoddy, uncompetitive products, arcane management practices, entitled dealers, and a totally inward looking view of the world that was rapidly globalizing. It was like watching a close [...]
Since I am in the long term forecasting business, it was with some fascination that I caught the Associated Press report that minority children born this year may exceed Caucasian children for the first time. Whites lost their majority in San Francisco many years ago, and will do so in California as a whole in [...]
“To ask other people to be making sacrifices on taxes during this period, and we are going to ask them to make sacrifices on the revenue side and the expenditure side, and to leave the top income group alone, is a travesty,” said Berkshire Hathaway’s Warren Buffet.
The market was buzzing today about the continued collapse of volatility and the significance thereof today. Today the chief whipping boy was the double leveraged Velocity Shares 2X Vix ETF (TVIX), which cratered 33% on the day, and down 90% from its October high. This was on a day when the ETF should have gone [...]
If you want to impress your friends with your vast knowledge of financial matters, then here are the Latin translations of the script on the backside of a US dollar bill. “ANNUIT COEPTIS” means “God has favored our undertaking.” “NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM” translates into “A new order has begun.” The Roman numerals at the base [...]
I love making very long term forecasts, because they give tremendous insights into the future of the global economy, and because at my advanced age, I won’t live long enough to see if I am right or wrong. Check out the chart below which shows predicted GDP growth rates for a 100 year period from [...]
If you are looking for another emerging market to add to your list of things to buy on big dips, then take a look at Indonesia. The world’s largest Muslim country offers a combination that I love, a population with great demographics that is also a major energy and commodities exporter. The archipelago is the [...]
“If you can’t make yourself loved, make yourself feared,” said Meyer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the banking dynasty.
Much of Wall Street was scratching their heads yesterday as the iPath S&P 500 Vix Short Term Futures ETN (VXX) plunged to new lifetime lows despite a 69 point decline in the Dow index. It wasn’t supposed to work that way. Falling markets should send investors scrambling to buy downside protection in the form of [...]
Expect to hear a lot about ignition in the next year. No, I don’t mean the rebuilt ignition for the beat up ’68 Cadillac El Dorado up on blocks in your front yard. I’m referring to the inauguration of the National Ignition Facility next door to me at Lawrence Livermore National Labs in Livermore, California. [...]
Until now, the country’s power grid has been divided into three unconnected chunks, making transnational transmission impossible, leading to huge regional mispricing. While California and New York suffered from brown outs and sky high prices, electricity was given away virtually for free in Texas. A group of power companies is now proposing to build the [...]
“Inflation steals from savers, and inflation is the logical consequence of printing too much money,” said Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett.
- Follow Up to Trade Alert – (AAPL) May, 24, 2013 May 24, 2013
- May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013
- Updated 2013 Strategy Luncheon Schedule May 24, 2013
- A Tribute to a True Veteran May 24, 2013
- Update on The Mad Day Trader May 24, 2013
- May 24, 2013 – Quote of the Day May 24, 2013
- Trade Alert – (AAPL) May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013
- May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013
- July 8 London Strategy Luncheon May 23, 2013
- The American Onshoring Trend is Accelerating May 23, 2013
- SOLD OUT! San Francisco November 4th Strategy Luncheon October 25, 2011
- My 2012-13 Stock Market Forecast. October 31, 2012
- Last Chance to Come Join Me for the Paris Strategy Luncheon – July 17, 2012 July 15, 2012
- Will Gold Coins Suffer the Fate of the $10,000 Bill? November 25, 2011
- My Personal Leading Economic Indicator November 25, 2011
- SOLD OUT! December 27 Chicago Strategy Luncheon December 22, 2011
- An Evening With the Chinese Intelligence Service December 25, 2011
- Take a Look at Occidental Petroleum (OXY) December 26, 2011
- Another Nail in the Euro Coffin January 16, 2012
- Sold Out! Las Vegas January 27, 2012 Strategy Luncheon January 23, 2012