I am constantly barraged with emails from gold bugs who passionately argue that their beloved metal is trading at a tiny fraction of its true value, and that the barbaric relic is really worth $5,000, $10,000, or even $50,000 an ounce (GLD). They claim the move in the yellow metal we are seeing is only [...]
About The Mad Hedge Fund Trader
I really like your daily take on the markets and world issues. You have earned your stripes over and over. You are a statesman of the money world. I will see you on your next visit to Seattle. Stay safe, Mike Seattle, Washington
“The old yardsticks don’t seem to be working anymore,” said Art Cashin, a strategist at UBS.
I think that Ben Bernanke’s QE3 is such a game changer, that we have to throw all existing strategies into the trash and start all over again from scratch. Suddenly, investors and traders have to face the prospect of adding $500 billion to $1 trillion to the Fed’s balance sheet, taking it to a record [...]
As opposed to the mentality of the last couple of years where you faded every piece of good news, we may be moving to a period where you fade the bad news because you know there is a clear game plan below it,” Jim O’Neill, chairman of Goldman Sachs International in London.
In view of Federal Reserve Chairman, Ben Bernanke, yesterday: it is time to reassess one’s investment strategy. The former Princeton professor didn’t give us QE3, he gave us QE3 with a turbocharger, on steroids, with an extra dose of adrenaline. He could spend another $1 trillion before all is said and done. If ever an [...]
I don’t just think he hates me, he truly despises me. In fact, he does everything he can to put me out of business. Take yesterday, for example, when the Federal Reserve Open Market Committee gave me and my views a complete thrashing. QE3 was the last thing in the world I was expecting because [...]
“Let all men know how empty and worthless is the power of kings,” said King Cnut, a 10th century ruler of Denmark and England.
The big surprise today was not that the Federal Reserve launched QE3, but the extent of it. For a start, they moved the “low interest rate” target out to mid-2015. They left the commitment to bond-buying open-ended. The first-year commitment came in at $480 billion, in-line with previous efforts. Reading the statement from the Open [...]
My friends in the gold futures puts have been telling me that the Chinese have emerged as major buyers in recent months. Year-to-date imports have reached 458 tonnes, more than four times the amount during the same period last year – that amounts to $25 billion in real money. This is on top of the [...]
“We don’t think the economy is going to be overheating anytime soon,” said Federal Reserve Chairman, Ben Bernanke.
Long-term readers of this letter are well aware of my pleadings with them a couple of years ago to buy Apple (AAPL) stock at $250 with a target of $1,000. Certainly, the 200 readers who work for Apple noticed. That was back when the main concern about the company was that Steve Jobs would die [...]
“First, thanks so much for your Global Trading Dispatch Trade Alert service, which is not only a wealth building tool, but offers a comprehensive trading education. I sometimes trade your recommendations, and sometimes use your guidance to make more aggressive options and futures plays. I especially liked your call on gold (GLD). It’s working very [...]
Take those predictions, forecasts, and prognostications with so many grains of salt. They have a notorious track record for being completely wrong, even when made by the leading experts in their fields. In preparing for my autumn lecture series, I came across these following nuggets and thought I’d share them with you – There are [...]
“Facebook was being priced as if it were a beautiful woman without a blemish. If any kind of blemish appeared, they will kill the stock. I’d rather own Google or Apple,” said my old friend and former client, Leon Cooperman, CEO of mega hedge fund Omega Advisors.
- May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013
- July 25 Portofino, Italy Strategy Luncheon May 22, 2013
- Five Stocks to Buy for the Second Half May 22, 2013
- Testimonial May 22, 2013
- May 22, 2013 – Quote of the Day May 22, 2013
- July 25, 2013, Portofino Strategy Luncheon May 21, 2013
- May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013
- July 2 New York Strategy Luncheon May 21, 2013
- End of the Commodity Super Cycle May 21, 2013
- May 21, 2013 – Quote of the Day May 21, 2013
- SOLD OUT! San Francisco November 4th Strategy Luncheon October 25, 2011
- My 2012-13 Stock Market Forecast. October 31, 2012
- Last Chance to Come Join Me for the Paris Strategy Luncheon – July 17, 2012 July 15, 2012
- Will Gold Coins Suffer the Fate of the $10,000 Bill? November 25, 2011
- My Personal Leading Economic Indicator November 25, 2011
- SOLD OUT! December 27 Chicago Strategy Luncheon December 22, 2011
- An Evening With the Chinese Intelligence Service December 25, 2011
- Take a Look at Occidental Petroleum (OXY) December 26, 2011
- Another Nail in the Euro Coffin January 16, 2012
- Sold Out! Las Vegas January 27, 2012 Strategy Luncheon January 23, 2012