Sell Short the Currency Shares Australian Dollar Trust October, 2012 (FXA) $105-$108 call spread at $0.35 or best Opening Trade 9-4-2012 – 2:00 PM EST expiration date: October 19, 2012 Portfolio weighting: 10% = 45 contracts on a net delta adjusted basis This is a bet that the Currency Shares Australian Dollar Trust October, 2012 [...]
About The Mad Hedge Fund Trader
With the 11th anniversary of 9/11 a week away, I want to forward the message circulating among past-and-present Morgan Stanley staffers, myself included: As a firm headquartered in New York City, this is always a sobering time for us. For us, we remember those who died and the heroism of many that saved thousands of [...]
“Low volatility and boring. That’s the mode that investors should get used to,” said Bill Gross, Managing Director at bond giant, PIMCO.
When communications between intelligence agencies suddenly spike, as has recently been the case, I sit up and take note. Hey, you don’t think I talk to all of those generals because I like their snappy uniforms, do you? The word is that the despotic, authoritarian regime in Syria is on the verge of collapse, and [...]
“For the third year in a row, high oil prices have slowed down the general economy, because disposable income is lost to high gasoline prices,” said John Hofmeister, former CEO of Shell Oil.
Following Howard Ruff for the last 35 years has always been eye opening, if not entertaining. The irascible Mormon is the publisher of Ruff Times ( http://www.rufftimes.com ), one of the oldest investment letters in the business, and one of the original worshipers of hard assets. The great thing about the end of the world [...]
When I was remodeling my 160-year-old London house, the chimney was in desperate need of attention. After the bricklayer crawled up the fireplace, he found a yellowed and somewhat singed envelope addressed to Santa Claus. Thinking it was placed there by my kids, he handed it over to me. In it was a letter dated [...]
I wouldn’t say that I’ve made a great deal of money from using your recommendations, as I’ve got caught by bad timing on silver, SDS, TBT and EUO. I’ve also done very well out of your other recommendations. Your views on the market are invaluable, and you’ve helped a lot in learning how to manage [...]
“I mind my own business,” she told the Guinness World Records. “And I don’t eat junk food,” Said Besse Cooper, the world’s oldest person, on her 116th birthday in Monroe, Georgia.
Here’s a chart that you don’t see very often, the one for iron ore priced in U.S. dollars. I’m sure that every miner working at BHP’s pits in the Australian outback goes to sleep with a print out of this chart clutched close to his chest. You can’t blame him, as his livelihood depends on [...]
“I’m in the probability business, not the forecasting business. Certainties offer very low returns, uncertainties, high returns,” said venture capitalist, Vinod Khosla.
My next global strategy webinar will be held on Wednesday, August 29 at 12:00 noon EST. This webinar will be broadcast from back home in San Francisco, so everything should work. I’ll be giving you my updated outlook on stocks, bonds, commodities, currencies, precious metals, and real estate. The goal is to find the cheapest [...]
Buy to Cover the Short position in the (TLT) September $116-$111 put spread at $0.07 or best Closing Trade 8-28-2012 – 11:30 AM EST expiration date: 9-21-2012 Portfolio weighting: 5%on a delta basis ($5,000/100/$0.07) = 25 Contracts Eight days ago, I was dead-on correct in predicting that a risk reversal in the markets was imminent, [...]
Cheers went up from the real estate industry this morning when the Standard & Poor’s/Case Shiller data was released. It showed the first year-on-year increases in prices since 2006. Calls went out from real estate agents around the country announcing that the bottom was in and that you better buy now before prices shoot up. [...]
“Central banks can do whatever they want. But there is no monetary policy powerful enough to prevent the U.S. from going into recession in the first six months of next year if the fiscal cliff happens,” said strategist, Dan Greenhaus.
- May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013
- July 2 New York Strategy Luncheon May 21, 2013
- End of the Commodity Super Cycle May 21, 2013
- May 21, 2013 – Quote of the Day May 21, 2013
- Follow Up to Trade Alert – (GLD) May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013
- Trade Alert – (GLD) May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013
- May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013
- Introducing the Mad Day Trader May 20, 2013
- A Special Note to Trade Alert Followers May 20, 2013
- Revisiting the First Silver Bubble May 20, 2013
- SOLD OUT! San Francisco November 4th Strategy Luncheon October 25, 2011
- My 2012-13 Stock Market Forecast. October 31, 2012
- Last Chance to Come Join Me for the Paris Strategy Luncheon – July 17, 2012 July 15, 2012
- Will Gold Coins Suffer the Fate of the $10,000 Bill? November 25, 2011
- My Personal Leading Economic Indicator November 25, 2011
- SOLD OUT! December 27 Chicago Strategy Luncheon December 22, 2011
- An Evening With the Chinese Intelligence Service December 25, 2011
- Take a Look at Occidental Petroleum (OXY) December 26, 2011
- Another Nail in the Euro Coffin January 16, 2012
- Sold Out! Las Vegas January 27, 2012 Strategy Luncheon January 23, 2012