“The less prudent you find the actions of others, the more prudent you need to act yourself,” said oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett.
About Mad Hedge Fund Trader
Global Market Comments May 14, 2013 Fiat Lux Featured Trade: (REPORT ON THE SKYBRIDGE ALTERNATIVES CONFERENCE) (REPORT FROM LAS VEGAS)
I am writing to you from the poolside cabana number B-2 at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas. It is an unseasonably cool 70 degrees in the shade and the air is bone- dry, so I’m on my third banana daiquiri for the day. The days when I risked getting my hands broken with a [...]
As with all of my visits to Sin City, I made a beeline to my inside guy — a blackjack dealer at Caesar’s Palace. It’s been a slow summer and an even slower fall. With global warming delivering the hottest summer in history, the last place tourists wanted to visit was the desert. Midwesterners have [...]
“An analyst is someone who knows a lot about a few things, and learns more and more about less and less, until eventually, he knows everything about nothing,” said Howard Marks, chairman of Oaktree Capital Management, at the Las Vegas SkyBridge Alternative Asset Conference.
Come join me for lunch for the Mad Hedge Fund Trader’s Global Strategy Update, which I will be conducting in Frankfurt, Germany on Friday, July 19, 2013. A three course lunch will be followed by a PowerPoint presentation and an extended question and answer period. I’ll be giving you my up to date view on [...]
Global Market Comments May 13, 2013 Fiat Lux Featured Trade: (MAY 15 GLOBAL STRATEGY WEBINAR), (JAPAN IS JUST GETTING STARTED), (THE PASSING OF A GREAT MAN)
My next global strategy webinar will be held on Wednesday, May 15 at 12:00 noon EDT. This one will be open to the public, so login in early to get a space. I’ll be giving you my updated outlook on stocks, bonds, commodities, currencies, precious metal, and real estate. The goal is to find the [...]
Constantly chained to my MacBook Pro at home writing this letter, it is not often that I am in the room when a major market-moving event occurs. That is what happened at the SkyBridge Alternatives Asset Conference (SALT) in Las Vegas on Thursday (click here for the link at http://www.saltconference.com/). I was listening to one [...]
It was with a heavy heart that I boarded a plane for Los Angeles to attend a funeral for Bob, the former scoutmaster of Boy Scout Troop 108. The event brought a convocation of ex-scouts from up and down the West coast, and said much about our age. Bob, 85, called me two weeks ago [...]
“Everything begins and ends with quantitative easing”, said Jeffrey Gundlach, the CEO of hedge fund Doubleline Capital, and the new bond king.
As a potentially profitable opportunity presents itself, John will send you an alert with specific trade information as to what should be bought, when to buy it, and at what price.
As a potentially profitable opportunity presents itself, John will send you an alert with specific trade information as to what should be bought, when to buy it, and at what price. This is your chance to ‘look over’ John Thomas’ shoulder as he gives you unparalleled insight on major world financial trends BEFORE they happen.
Global Market Comments May 10, 2013 Fiat Lux Featured Trade: (THE REAL ESTATE MARKET IN 2030) (BREAKFAST WITH FED GOVERNOR BOB MCTEER), (TAKE A RIDE IN THE NEW SHORT JUNK ETF), (SJB), (JNK), (CORN) ProShares Short High Yield (SJB) SPDR Barclays High Yield Bond (JNK) Teucrium Corn (CORN)
Long time readers of this letter know too well that I have been hugely negative on the sector since late 2005, when I unloaded all of my holdings (click here for ‘The Hard Truth About Residential Real Estate’). However, I believe that ‘forever’ may be on the extreme side. Personally, I believe there will be [...]
- May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013
- An Evening With Congressman Barney Frank May 17, 2013
- The Most Functional Word in the English Language May 17, 2013
- An Evening With Nobel Prize Winner Michael Spence May 17, 2013
- May 17, 2013 – Quote of the Day May 17, 2013
- Follow Up to Trade Alert – (GLD) May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013
- Trade Alert – (GLD) May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013
- May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013
- On the Tesla Melt Up May 16, 2013
- May 16, 2013 – Quote of the Day May 16, 2013
- SOLD OUT! San Francisco November 4th Strategy Luncheon October 25, 2011
- My 2012-13 Stock Market Forecast. October 31, 2012
- Last Chance to Come Join Me for the Paris Strategy Luncheon – July 17, 2012 July 15, 2012
- Will Gold Coins Suffer the Fate of the $10,000 Bill? November 25, 2011
- My Personal Leading Economic Indicator November 25, 2011
- SOLD OUT! December 27 Chicago Strategy Luncheon December 22, 2011
- An Evening With the Chinese Intelligence Service December 25, 2011
- Take a Look at Occidental Petroleum (OXY) December 26, 2011
- Another Nail in the Euro Coffin January 16, 2012
- Sold Out! Las Vegas January 27, 2012 Strategy Luncheon January 23, 2012