One of the highlights of last week’s SkyBridge Alternatives Conference was the blowout party on Wednesday night (click here for the blow by blow description). Seeking refuge from a band that was blasting my ears out, and fleeing the nubile young bodies that kept bumping up against me and spilling my margaritas, I sought out [...]
Passed on by a friend with my apologies: Well, it’s shit… That’s right, shit! Shit may just be the most functional word in the English language. You can smoke shit, buy shit, sell shit, lose shit, find shit, forget shit, and tell others to eat shit. Some people know their shit, while others can’t tell [...]
I have always been a sucker for a visiting Nobel Prize winner in economics. So when I heard that Dr. Michael Spence was passing through town, I was on the next BART train. Michael was here to promote his latest book, The Next Convergence; The Future of Economic Growth in a Multispeed World. Michael believes [...]
Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die,” said former congressman Barney Frank about the difficult in achieving true tax reform.
As a potentially profitable opportunity presents itself, John will send you an alert with specific trade information as to what should be bought, when to buy it, and at what price.
As a potentially profitable opportunity presents itself, John will send you an alert with specific trade information as to what should be bought, when to buy it, and at what price. This is your chance to ‘look over’ John Thomas’ shoulder as he gives you unparalleled insight on major world financial trends BEFORE they happen.
Global Market Comments May 16, 2013 Fiat Lux SPECIAL TESLA EDITION Featured Trade: (ONE THE TESLA MELT UP), (TSLA), (F), (FIATY), (PEUGY), (SCTY), (BBRY), (HLF), (NFLX), (FSLR) Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA) Ford Motor Co. (F) Fiat S.p.A. (FIATY) Peugeot S.A. (PEUGY) SolarCity Corporation (SCTY) Research In Motion Limited (BBRY) Herbalife Ltd. (HLF) Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) [...]
This was the short squeeze that was begging to happen. Five guys owned 50% of the company, including the visionary founder, Elon Musk. Of the remaining float, 45% had been borrowed and sold short by hedge funds. All that was needed to ignite a rally was for someone to say “Boo.” That is exactly what [...]
“Guys that are short, they better have a shovel to dig themselves out of the grave,” said legendary hedge fund manager, David Tepper, of Appaloosa Management.
Global Market Comments May 15, 2013 Fiat Lux Featured Trade: (JULY 19 FRANKFURT, GERMANY STRATEGY LUNCHEON), (TESTIMONIAL), (MY FAVORITE SECRET ECONOMIC INDICATOR), (RUNNING THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY TO BREAKERS)
Come join me for lunch at the Mad Hedge Fund Trader’s Global Strategy Update, which I will be conducting in Frankfurt, Germany on Friday, July 19, 2013. A three-course lunch will be followed by a PowerPoint presentation and an extended question and answer period. I’ll be giving you my up to date view on stocks, [...]
I would like to express how much I enjoy reading your newsletter and the global views that I gain from it. It has been the best, by far, and the most financially worthwhile letter I have ever bought. I find most newsletters spin and promote their returns during the good times, and never factor in [...]
I suffer earthquakes, forest fires, floods, dubious neighbors, high taxes, corrupt politicians, and a bankrupt state government to live in California. It is all worth it just to run the Bay to Breakers every year, a five mile run from the San Francisco Bay to the Pacific Ocean, which has evolved into the world’s most [...]
It was with an enormous sense of pride and relief that I watched the last of my kids graduate from the University of California at Berkeley. Clutching his hard fought degree in political economics in hand, Robert posed for photos among friends, with thousands of beaming parents looking on. His mother died ten years ago, [...]
“The less prudent you find the actions of others, the more prudent you need to act yourself,” said oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett.
- Follow Up to Trade Alert – (AAPL) May, 24, 2013 May 24, 2013
- May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013
- Updated 2013 Strategy Luncheon Schedule May 24, 2013
- A Tribute to a True Veteran May 24, 2013
- Update on The Mad Day Trader May 24, 2013
- May 24, 2013 – Quote of the Day May 24, 2013
- Trade Alert – (AAPL) May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013
- May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013
- July 8 London Strategy Luncheon May 23, 2013
- The American Onshoring Trend is Accelerating May 23, 2013
- SOLD OUT! San Francisco November 4th Strategy Luncheon October 25, 2011
- My 2012-13 Stock Market Forecast. October 31, 2012
- Last Chance to Come Join Me for the Paris Strategy Luncheon – July 17, 2012 July 15, 2012
- Will Gold Coins Suffer the Fate of the $10,000 Bill? November 25, 2011
- My Personal Leading Economic Indicator November 25, 2011
- SOLD OUT! December 27 Chicago Strategy Luncheon December 22, 2011
- An Evening With the Chinese Intelligence Service December 25, 2011
- Take a Look at Occidental Petroleum (OXY) December 26, 2011
- Another Nail in the Euro Coffin January 16, 2012
- Sold Out! Las Vegas January 27, 2012 Strategy Luncheon January 23, 2012