“It’s very difficult to navigate a business through a paradigm shift. You must hard wire your system to second guess all the time, questioning what is next, and then what is next. You’ve got to retain optionality for both investment portfolios and the business your run to navigate this well,” said Mohamed El-Erian, co-chairman of [...]
“The luckiest person in the world today is the baby being born in the United States. The outlook for this country is fantastic,” said Warren Buffet.
“Bankers will get away with whatever they can get away with. Our banking system is socially useless,” said an oversight body in the United Kingdom.
“When it’s raining gold, reach for a bucket, not a thimble,” said Oracle of Omaha Warren Buffet.
‘Rupert Murdoch is very smart and is a great leader, but he’s made a mistake. He’s buried in ink, and in my view, there won’t be any newspaper business ten years from now. Fortunately, we’re buried in television and movies, and they’ll be here forever,’ said Sumner Redstone, chairman of Viacom and CBS.
“To ask other people to be making sacrifices on taxes during this period, and we are going to ask them to make sacrifices on the revenue side and the expenditure side, and to leave the top income group alone, is a travesty,” said Berkshire Hathaway’s Warren Buffet.
“If you can’t make yourself loved, make yourself feared,” said Meyer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the banking dynasty.
“Inflation steals from savers, and inflation is the logical consequence of printing too much money,” said Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett.
“I suspect the analysts who follow Apple are great people and are nice to their mothers. But as a group those people missed the last quarter by 40%, so I’m not listening to them. The stock is a trading sardine for a while. It’s a high beta stock which is leveraged to the market which [...]
“I think we’re headed towards VAT taxes. It’s only a question of how long it takes for them to wake up and figure it out. You can’t tax the wealthy enough to close the budget deficit we have,” said Leon Cooperman of hedge fund Omega Advisors.
“I don’t like the bond market at all. A jackass in a Tuxedo is still a jackass,” said Bill Spiropoulis at Corestates Capital Advisors
“What the wise man does in the beginning the fool does in the end,” said oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett.
“At these prices, bonds should have warning labels on them,” said Doug Kass of Seabreeze Partners.
“I don’t pay any attention to the GDP forecasts of economists”, said Oracle of Omaha Warren Buffet,
“We got competing against cheap labor. What we didn’t get is competing against cheap genius, and that’s what we are doing now with china and India,” said Tom Friedman in his newest book, “That Used to Be Us.”
- Follow Up to Trade Alert – (AAPL) May, 24, 2013 May 24, 2013
- May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013
- Updated 2013 Strategy Luncheon Schedule May 24, 2013
- A Tribute to a True Veteran May 24, 2013
- Update on The Mad Day Trader May 24, 2013
- May 24, 2013 – Quote of the Day May 24, 2013
- Trade Alert – (AAPL) May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013
- May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013
- July 8 London Strategy Luncheon May 23, 2013
- The American Onshoring Trend is Accelerating May 23, 2013
- SOLD OUT! San Francisco November 4th Strategy Luncheon October 25, 2011
- My 2012-13 Stock Market Forecast. October 31, 2012
- Last Chance to Come Join Me for the Paris Strategy Luncheon – July 17, 2012 July 15, 2012
- Will Gold Coins Suffer the Fate of the $10,000 Bill? November 25, 2011
- My Personal Leading Economic Indicator November 25, 2011
- SOLD OUT! December 27 Chicago Strategy Luncheon December 22, 2011
- An Evening With the Chinese Intelligence Service December 25, 2011
- Take a Look at Occidental Petroleum (OXY) December 26, 2011
- Another Nail in the Euro Coffin January 16, 2012
- Sold Out! Las Vegas January 27, 2012 Strategy Luncheon January 23, 2012