Mad Hedge Hot Tips
August 30, 2018
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Amazon Hits $2,000. My 2018 target is achieved, while Morgan Stanley raises theirs to $2,500. Stock markets are now generally overheated. Click here.
2) Weekly Jobless Claims Rise Slightly, to 213,000 but are still near century lows. The full employment economy continues. Click here.
3) The U.S. Struggles to Salvage a Trade Deal with Canada, to beat tomorrow’s deadline. It’s our car exporters against their cows. Will we see a Friday surprise? Click here.
4) Salesforce (CRM) Lowers Forward Guidance, as too much revenue bunches up in Q2. Stock drops $6; buy the dip. Click here.
5) An Anonymous Bidder Paid $3.3 million to Have Lunch with Warren Buffett, at Smith & Wollensky in New York to fund a variety of anti-poverty charities. Gee, I would have done it for only $2 million, and I would have gone Dutch. He’s still adding to his Apple position at $224. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2018, MIAMI, FL, GLOBAL STRATEGY LUNCHEON),
(IT’S TIME TO START LOOKING AT EMERGING MARKETS),
(EEM), (EPHE), (PIN), (FXI), (EWZ),
(INDUSTRIES YOU WILL NEVER HEAR ABOUT FROM ME),
(ON TRUMP’S TECHNOLOGY ATTACK),
(AMZN), (GOOGL), (FB), (AMD), (NVDA), (TWTR)