Mad Hedge Hot Tips
March 26, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Mueller Report has No Market Impact, with the Dow Average up a scant $14.51. No Bombshells here. It’s “RISK ON.” Buy the dips. Click here.
2) Apple Announces its New Streaming Service, Apple TV Plus, and the stock falls on a “sell the news” drop. Roku is included in the package, so buy (ROKU). The Apple offering is weak enough to allow plenty of room for Disney to launch its own streaming service, Disney plus, at the end of this year. Prepare for an onslaught of princesses. Buy (DIS) too. Click here.
3) The Existing Yield Inversion is Fake. Real yield inversions crush stock markets when short term rate soar, not collapse, so the bear market is on hold. Foreign investors have already figured this out and are pouring money into US stocks. It’s “’RISK ON” baby. Click here.
4) Home Price Appreciation Hits a Four-Year Low, with the S&P Case Shiller National Home Price Index growing only 4.2% YOY in January, down from 4.6% the previous month. Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Minneapolis are still showing the biggest gains while San Francisco and Seattle are seeing the biggest price drops. Avoid homebuilder (ITB). Click here.
5) Housing Starts Drop 8.7%, in February. Yes, falling prices will have that effect on a market. Avoid homebuilders more. Waiting to buy at the coming bankruptcy auctions. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(WHY I’M SELLING SHORT TESLA SHARES),
(PINTEREST COMES OUT)
(PINS), (FB), (AAPL), (GOOGL), (AMZN)