Mad Hedge Hot Tips
February 25, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Merger Fever Hits the Gold Industry, with Barrick Gold (GOLD) taking a run at Newmont Mining (NEM), the world’s first and second largest producers. It’s all about efficiencies of scale. Take this as a long-term bottom in gold prices. Click here.
2) China Tariff Hike Postponed Indefinitely, and Chinese stocks love it. Import duties stay at 10%, instead of rising by 25% starting on Friday. We knew it was never going to happen. Some 95% of the China trade deal is now already priced into the market. Click here.
3) GE Sells Biotech business for $21 Billion, They’re selling off the crown jewels to salvage the balance sheet. Stock loves it, up 11%. Click here.
4) Most Economists See Recession by 2021, at the latest. That really means it will really start in late 2020. Sell those rallies. You don’t want to be left standing when the music stops playing. Click here.
5) Wholesale Inventories Rising Sharply, up 1.1% in another recession indicator.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(THE MARKET FOR THE WEEK AHEAD, or THE BEST OF TIMES AND THE WORST OF TIMES),
(SPY), (TLT), (TLT), (VIX), (KHC), (MAT), (MMT), (GLD)
(THE CLEANEST INTERNET PLAY OUT THERE),
(GDDY), (WIX), (CSCO)