Mad Hedge Hot Tips
April 16, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Netflix’s Big Day, with the company reporting Q1 earnings after the close. Fears they will get run over by the new Disney juggernaut at one third of the (NFLX) monthly price are running rampant. If they don’t beat on new subscribers look out below. Click here.
2) Manufacturing Output Was Flat, in March says the Fed, thanks to a big drop off in auto production. It’s consistent with the rest of the poor data we have received in recent months. Click here.
3) Citibank Beats in Investment Banking Boost, but the stock market doesn’t buy it. Avoid banks like last year’s buggy maker. Click here.
4) Goldman Sachs to Lay Off 100, in the wake of disappointing Q1 earnings and collapsing trading volumes. Avoid this dying sector. Click here.
5) Goodbye to Notre Dame Cathedral. It really is like saying goodbye to an only friend. I first walked its stone-paved isles in 1968, fleeing riot police from the demonstration out front. Some 50 years later, I guided my wide-eyed kids through its medieval spires. All of Silicon Valley big tech is lining up to help finance the rebuild which will cost hundreds of millions. See you again in 20 years when the job is done.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(WHY YOU WILL LOSE YOU JOB IN THE NEXT FIVE YEARS, AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT),
(UBER’S DARK AND DIRTY SECRETS)