Mad Hedge Hot Tips
April 22, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) How Soon Does the Fed Start Raising Rates Again? The Fed cancelled all four rate hikes for 2019 because the stock market was crashing. Now it’s booming. Does that put autumn rate hikes back on the table? Only if the economy rebounds as well. Click here.
2) Uber’s Self Driving Car Unit Valued at $7.25 billion, as indicated by its latest VC investment from Softbank. This is going to be a huge business when it finally gets going, bigger than Detroit, but how to get in as a retail investor? Click here.
3) US Existing Home Sales Dive, in March by 5.9%, to an annualized 5.41 million units. Where is the falling mortgage rate boost? Keep avoiding the sick man of the US economy. Click here.
4) Trump Ending All Iran Oil Export Waivers, and the oil industry absolutely loves it, with Texas tea up 2.5%. Previously, the administration had been exempting a dozen countries from the Iran sanctions. More disruption all the time. The US absolutely DOES NOT need an oil shock right now, unless you’re Exxon (XOM). Click here.
5) Apple Bringing Out 5G in 2020, using QUALCOMM (QCOM) chips. Missed this one. I wondered why the stock was going up so fast. Buy (QCOM) on a dip. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(MARKET OUTLOOK FOR THE WEEK AHEAD, OR THE WORLD OF TWO’S),
(SPY), (TLT), (AAPL), (QCOM), (XLV)
(HOW TECH IS CHANGING THE ECONOMICS OF BASEBALL),
(MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL ISSUE)