Mad Hedge Hot Tips
April 23, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Meet John Thomas at His May 9 Las Vegas Strategy Luncheon. To buy tickets, please click here.
2) New Home Sales Jump 4.5%, in March, an 18 month high. Interesting how lower home mortgage rates, now 4.35% for the 30-year fixed, is feeding into more new home sales but not existing home sales. Avoid the homebuilders (ITB). Click here.
3) Lockheed Martin Guides Upward, causing the shares to pop, and taking the entire defense sector up with it. Big orders from Saudi Arabia for fighters and missiles were the driver. This sector has been in the doghouse since the Dems took the house. Buy (LMT) on dips. Click here.
4) Oil Hits new 2019 High, with West Texas hitting $66.19 a barrel, on tougher Iran sanctions. Watch out, this may be the stick that breaks the camel’s back and triggers a summer correction. Better plan a shorter vacation, or go electric. Click here.
5) Waymo’s Self Driving Fleet to be Operational by Summer, and it will be based in Detroit, where lots of cheap auto workers are available. The future is happening fast. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(LAS VEGAS MAY 9 GLOBAL STRATEGY LUNCHEON)
(APRIL 17 BIWEEKLY STRATEGY WEBINAR Q&A),
(FXI), (RWM), (IWM), (VXXB), (VIX), (QCOM), (AAPL), (GM), (TSLA), (FCX), (COPX), (GLD), (NFLX), (AMZN), (DIS)
(WHY YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ATLASSIAN CORPORATION)