Mad Hedge Hot Tips
August 13, 2018
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
Note to Paid Subscribers: As part of my never-ending quest to improve the Mad Hedge service, I am launching a new daily product called The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today (and what to do about them). The service is free for current paid subscribers. It is exactly what it says it is, and should boost your trading performance even further. Enjoy!
1) Elon Musk Says He Has the Money. Saudi Arabia will put up the cash to take Tesla private, and it's been there for two years. Will Musk finally find peace? Click here for more.
2) Europe's Turkey Induced Sell-Off Fails to Follow Through In the U.S. And why is NASDAQ up nine of 10 days? Are we discounting the midterm elections early? Click here for more.
3) Gold Hits a Two-Year Low. You can blame the Turkish crisis pushing up the U.S. dollar. What it means when safe haven and inflation plays become worthless. Click here for more.
4) France Bans Cell Phones in Schools. It's the best idea since General Lafayette bailed out the American Revolution. This import we could really use! For more click here.
5) America Has Run Out of Truck Drivers. Entry-level wages rise to $70,000 a year. That's what happens when you stimulate a full employment economy. Expect fresh vegetables to soon start disappearing from your local supermarket. Hey, if this newsletter thing doesn't work at least I have something to fall back on. Click here for more.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(THE MARKET OUTLOOK FOR THE WEEK AHEAD, or COMING HOME TO TROUBLE),
(TUR), (TLT), (UUP), (FXE), (TSLA),
(ARE YOU IN THE 1%?),
(SNE), (HMC), (TLT),
(GOOGLE'S NEW CHINESE PLAY),
(GOOGL), (BABA), (AAPL), (JD), (BIDU), (MU), (INTC)