Mad Hedge Hot Tips
August 28, 2018
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Markets Hit New All-Time High. The market action is broadening. The year-end melt-up has begun. Buy dips in everything, keeping in mind that the Mad Hedge Profit Predictor is entering scary “SELL” territory! Click here.
2) U.S. Consumer Confidence Hits an 18-Year High. It’s always like this at the top. Max out that credit card! Click here.
3) Trump Tries for a Trade Trifecta, with a deadline for a Canadian deal this Friday. I give it a 25% chance, so look for a buyable dip in the markets after that. Click here.
4) The U.S. Trade Deficit Soars. It turns out that beating up your trade partners doesn’t encourage them to buy more of your exports, especially since new tariffs and a strong dollar are making them much more expensive. Click here.
5) Trumps Attacks Google, claiming the company suppresses positive news stories about him. The stock (GOOG) barely moves. Don’t piss off Silicon Valley or strange things will start to happen. The Valley also accounts for 50% of all U.S. profits and generated most of the stock market gains since Trump’s election, so be careful who you abuse. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(VERTICAL BULL CALL SPREADS REVISITED),
(THE RECEPTION THAT THE STARS FELL UPON),
(SPOTIFY STILL HAS SOME UPSIDE),
(SPOT), (AMZN), (AAPL), (P)