Mad Hedge Hot Tips
February 11, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) What a Round Trip it has Been! Since the tax bill passed in December 2017, the return on the stock market has been ABSOLUTELY ZERO! What we gained in tax breaks we lost in trade wars. Except that now the bill is due with $1.8 trillion in new government borrowing this year. Oops! That is NOT what they promised.
2) NY Fed Slashes Q1 GDP Estimates, to below 2% with more cuts to come. Trade war uncertainty cited as the number one reason. Click here.
3) Remember Those Puerto Rican Bonds? A hedge fund, Tilden Park Capital Management LP, just made an $18 million killing off of the latest restructuring while another got tagged for $6 million. That’s what you get for playing in the deep end of the pool. Leave this high risk/high return game to the pros. Click here.
4) You Finally Got Your Tesla. Now, how do you get it fixed? Some 400,000 new cars this year will perilously overload the company’s infrastructure. Use every piece of bad news to buy more stock. The upside breakout is coming. Click here.
5) Put on Your Hard Hat, Consumer Spending is slowing. That means the recession is near. Fund managers are universally moving into defensive and value stocks. So should you. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(THE MARKET FOR THE WEEK AHEAD, or DON’T STAND NEXT TO THE DUMMY),
(AAPL), (MSFT), (TSLA), (VIX), (TLT), (TBT), (FXI)
(HOW FORTNITE IS TAKING OVER THE GAMING WORLD),
(TTWO), (EA), (ATVI), (NFLX), (FORTNITE)