Mad Hedge Hot Tips
February 13, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) US National Debt Tops $22 Trillion, surpassing the GDP. And you wondered why I was making so much money selling short the bond market? The day when the Feds crowd out private borrowers is fast approaching. The last time we ran a tab like this we were winning WWII. Click here.
2) Trump is Going to Miss His March 1 China Deadline, and the stock market could care less. Imagine how high stocks would be flying now if we WEREN’T flighting a trade war. Click here.
3) Charles Schwab/Fidelity Price War Cuts Commissions to the Bone. It’s just a matter of time before they hit zero. All the money is made now selling your order flow to high-frequency traders. Time to renegotiate your relationship with your broker. Click here.
4) US Job Openings Hit Record High, with 7.6 million “help wanted” signs in December, says the JOLTS REPORT Yes, even your uncle Ernie can get a job now. So, where is the wage inflation? Click here.
5) In the Meantime, American Personal Debt is Soaring, hitting a new apex at $13.5 trillion. Some 9.1% of this is already delinquent and credit cards are being canceled at an alarming pace. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(BIDDING MORE FOR THE STARS),
(SPY), (INDU), (NVDA)
(NOW THE FAT LADY IS REALLY SINGING FOR THE BOND MARKET),
(WHY THE FUTURE IS NOT IN FURNITURE),
(W), (NWARF), (AMZN)