Mad Hedge Hot Tips
February 27, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Jay Stays Dovish Again, but markets yawn this time. How much mileage can you get from the same vague assertion? Shorts are about to swarm the market. Take profits on all longs. Click here.
2) India Attack Gives Gold a Boost. Even its one-day war with Pakistan is positive for the barbarous relic. Buy Gold (GLD) on Dips. Click here.
3) US Dollar Hits a Three-Week Low. The Fed’s dovish leanings are hammering the buck. Keep loading the boat with weak dollar plays, like emerging markets (EEM). Click here.
4) Wynn Resorts Gets Hit with $20 Million Fine, by Nevada regulators for sexual misconduct of the management. Stock doesn’t care as worse was expected. Apparently, everything DOESN’T stay in Vegas. Avoid (WYNN). Click here.
5) Pending Home Sales Jump 4.6%, in January in a rare positive data point from real estate. Still down 2.3% YOY. Lower interest rates are a factor. The West was the weakest where prices are highest. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(WHY CHINA’S US TREASURY DUMP WILL CRUSH THE BOND MARKET),
(TLT), (TBT), ($TNX), (FCX), (FXE), (FXY), (FXA), (USO), (OXY), (ITB), (LEN), (HD), (GLD), (SLV), (CU),
(THE 13 NEW TRADING RULES FOR 2019)
(HOW AUTONOMOUS DRIVING WILL CHANGE THE WORLD),
(TSLA), (GM), (GOOGL)