Mad Hedge Hot Tips
February 28, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Bonds Get Crushed, down 1.38 points yesterday as the great “crowding out” begins. Massive corporate borrowing can’t compete with government borrowing, so rates are rising sharply. This is the beginning of the end. Sell short the (TLT). Click here.
2) 30 Feet of Snow in One Month, at Lake Tahoe is a new all-time record for a single month. It looks like my roof is going to get crushed for the second year in three. My insurance company hates me. I don’t know about you, but climate change is kicking my butt. Click here.
3) US Factory Orders Come in Incredibly Weak, at 0.1% in December when 0.6% was expected. Recession indicator number one million. Limit your risk. Click here.
4) Home Depot Announces a New $15 Billion Share Buy Back, to their existing program. It is the best investment they could ever make. (HD) has bought back 25% of its shares since 2010 while the shares rose by 2,000%. Companies are now the sole net buyers of stock in the market. Buy (HD) on dips.
5) 11 Million Americans Paying Substantially Higher Taxes, thanks to the loss of $323 billion in local tax deductions. The cap is now set at $10,000. Complain to your congressman. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(GOLD IS BREAK OUT ALL OVER),
(GLD), (GDX), (NEM),
(THE STEM CELLS IN YOUR INVESTMENT FUTURE)
(CELG), (TMO), (REGN)
(WHY ETSY KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK),
(ETSY), (AMZN), (WMT), (TGT), (JCP), (M)