Mad Hedge Hot Tips
March 18, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) More Headaches for Boeing. What can go wrong with a company that has grounded its largest selling product? Answer: they get criminally prosecuted. That was the unhappy news that hit Boeing (BA) this morning, knocking another $7 off the shares. It can’t get any worse than this, can it? Buy this dip in (BA). Click here.
2) Lyft is Aiming for $23 Billion, as a high-end valuation for its IPO. Avoid this one like the plague. When they offer shares to their low-end employees, you want to run a mile. Click here.
3) Oil Prices Hit New Four-Month High, at $58 a barrel as OPEC production caps work and Venezuela melts down. At a certain point, high energy prices are going to hurt the economy. Buy (USO) on dips. Click here.
4) Goldman Sachs Facing Criminal Prosecution, over the Malaysia scandal which could cost them billions. Avoid (GS) like smallpox. Click here.
5) Take Profits in Chip Stocks, after the enormous run since December. Chip demand is actually falling off a cliff. It’s a classic bird in the hand versus two in the bush situation. Sell (MU) and (AMD). Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(MARKET OUTLOOK FOR THE WEEK AHEAD, OR A STIFF DOSE OF HUMILITY),
(FCX), (AAPL), (IWM), (SPY), (BA), (FXI), (FXB)
(WHY ALPHABET IS THE BEST FANG TO BUY NOW),
(GOOGL), (NFLX), (FB), (TWTR), (DIS)
Chart of the Day