Mad Hedge Hot Tips
March 20, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) It’s All About the Fed Today, which is unlikely to do anything at their 2:00 PM EST announcement. Markets will be frozen until then. How badly is Europe dragging down the US? Click here.
2) CBOE Suspends Bitcoin Futures, due to low volume and weak demand. It could be a fatal blow for the troubled cryptocurrency. Avoid bitcoin and all other cryptos. They’re a Ponzi scheme. Click here.
3) Equity Weightings Hit a 2 ½-Year Low, as professional institutional money managers sell into the rally. They are overweight long defensive REITS and short European stocks. Watch out for the reversal. Click here. (link is to an mp3 file)
4) December Stock Sellers are Now March Buyers. Expect this to lead to a higher high, then a lower low. Volatility is coiling. Don’t forget to sit down when the music stops playing. Click here.
5) Volatility Hits a Six-Month Low, with the $12 handle revisited once again, down from $30. (VIX) could get back to $9 before this is all over. Avoid (VIX), the time decay will kill you.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(WHO THE GRAND NICARAGUA CANAL HAS WORRIED),
(SCAM OF THE MONTH),
(DON’T PAY UP FOR MONEY-LOSING LYFT),
(LYFT), (UBER), (GRUB), (POSTMATES), (DOORDASH), (GOOGL)