Mad Hedge Hot Tips
March 22, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Bonds Soar and Rates Crash, taking ten-year US Treasury bond yields down to 2.44%, still reacting to the Wednesday Fed comments. This is the final nail in the bond bear market as global quantitative easing comes back with a vengeance. German ten year bonds turn negative for the first time since 2016. Click here.
2) Interest Rates Invert, with short term rates higher than long term ones for the first time since 2008. That means a recession starts in a year and the stock market starts discounting that in three months. Make hay while the sun shines. Click here.
3) Indonesia Cancels a Massive 737 Order, for 49 planes, slapping the stock on the face for $9. Apparently, they are unwilling to wait for the software fix. Buy the dip in (BA). Click here.
4) Another Brexit Vote Fails, and the European Community gives Britain an extension to May 22. This is a horrible idea entering its death throes. Buy the British pound on dips (FXB).
5) Weak Factory Orders Crush the Market, down 450 points at the low. Terrible economic data is not new these days. But it ain’t over yet. Buy the dip. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch:
(I HAVE AN OPENING FOR THE MAD HEDGE FUND TRADER CONCIERGE SERVICE),
(MARCH 20 BIWEEKLY STRATEGY WEBINAR Q&A),
(BA), (FCX), (IWM), (JNJ), (FXB), (VIX), (JPM)