Mad Hedge Hot Tips
March 27, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) The US Government Sues Facebook, claiming they enable housing discrimination through its advertising. Expect more government attacks against the FANGs. The west coast is not loved by this administration. Click here.
2) Q4 GDP Final Report Comes in at 2.2%, as expected, down a third from Q3. Expect that figure to more than halve in Q1 2019. Put on your hard hat. Click here.
3) Massive Broker Layoffs Presage Coming Recession. Cutting the overhead is crucial if you’re going to survive the next downturn. It doesn’t help that FinTech is eating their lunch. Click here.
4) Foreign Investors Pour into the US Bond Market, driving ten-year US Treasury yields down to 2.33%. When everyone else in the world has negative yields, our bonds become the highest yielding in the world. Click here.
5) But the Stock Market is Getting it Wrong, seeing plunging rates as a sign of imminent recession. When the market figures this out, stocks will rally hard to new highs. Maybe that’s why we’re only falling 100 points a day. The recession is next year’s business.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(JOIN US AT THE MAD HEDGE LAKE TAHOE, NEVADA CONFERENCE, OCTOBER 25-26, 2019)
(THE REBIRTH OF THE MASTER LIMITED PARTNERSHIP),
(USO), (AMLP), (FPL), (MLPS), (MLPX)
(MCDONALD’S GOES HIGH TECH)