Mad Hedge Hot Tips
March 7, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) US Growth is Fading, says the Fed Beige Book, slowing to a “slight to moderate rate”. The government shutdown is the cause. With Europe already in recession, I’ll be using rallies to increase my shorts. Sell (SPY) and (IWM). Click here.
2) No More Stress Test for Banks, as a pro-business Fed relaxes rules. This paves the way for the next financial crisis. Avoid banks like a bad tip from your bookie. Click here.
3) Healthcare Gets Hammered, as the sector is about to become a political football in the upcoming 2020 election. Avoid for now. Click here.
4) ECB Cuts Europe Growth Forecast Sharply, from 1.7% to 1.1%. Stimulus to renew on all front including more quantitative easing. It’s just a matter of time before their recession pulls the US down. Sell the Euro (FXE). Click here.
5) Initial Jobless Claim Falls by 3,000 to 223,000. If there is any trouble with the economy, it is certainly not on the jobs front. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(BETTER BATTERIES HAVE BECOME BIG DISRUPTERS)
(TSLA), (XOM), (USO)
(WILL NIO EAT TESLA’S LUNCH?),
(TSLA), (XPENG), (NIO)