Mad Hedge Hot Tips
May 1, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Apple Blows it Away, with a major earnings upside surprise. The services play is finally feeding into profits. Stock backs bumped up from $100 billion to $150 billion. Don’t touch (AAPL) up here with the stock up $10 in the aftermarket. Click here.
2) Fed Meets Today, to decide on interest rates, which will do absolutely nothing. The non-announcement will be out 2:00 PM EST. Click here.
3) Uber Hits the Road for its IPO, which valuations being cut daily, from a high of $120 billion to a recent low of $90 billion. Rival Lyft definitely peed on their parade with their ill-fated IPO plunging 33%. Click here.
4) ADP Comes in at a Hot 275,000, as the private hiring binge continues. It’s a great preview for the Friday Nonfarm Payroll Report. Click here.
5) Pending Home Sales Jump 3.8%, on a signed contract basis. No doubt the market is responding to the biggest drop on mortgage rates in a decade. At one point, the 30-year fixed rate loan fell as low as 4.03%. Avoid housing for now, it’s still in a recession. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(SUNDAY JUNE 30 MANILA, PHILIPINNES STRATEGY LUNCHEON),
(WHY GLOBALIZATION WORKS)
(ALPHABET’S BIG MISS)
(GOOGL), (TSLA), (TWTR)