Mad Hedge Hot Tips
May 15, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Mark Cuban’s Biggest Positions are Netflix and Amazon. Maybe yours should be too. The billionaire has an uncanny ability to call the long-term direction of technology. Click here.
2) Drones are Attacking Saudi Oil Fields. A classic case of technology turning back to bite you, used by a 14th-century society. Buy oil (USO) on the dips as geopolitical risk ramps up. Click here.
3) US Birthrate Falls to 32-Year low, only 3.79 million in 2018, and 2% down from the previous year. They’re not making Americans anymore. We all know this leads to depressions. Look what happened to Japan. Click here.
4) The US is Evacuating its Embassy in Baghdad, in the usual prelude to war. But oil is focused more on the coming recession today. Click here.
5) US Retail Sales Crater, in March while Industrial Production is off 0.5%. Why is the data suddenly turning recessionary? It isn’t even reflecting the heightened trade war yet. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(SPECIAL CHINA ISSUE)
(WHY CHINA IS DRIVING UP THE VALUE OF YOUR TECH STOCKS)
(QCOM), (AVGO), (AMD), (MSFT), (GOOGL), (AAPL), (INTC), (LSCC)
(TRUE COST OF THE CHINA TRADE WAR)
(EXPE), (TRIP), (GOOGL), (CTRP)