Mad Hedge Hot Tips
May 16, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) European Auto Tariff Delay Boosts Markets, in one of the administration’s daily attempts to manipulate the stock market. Click here.
2) Trade War to Wipe Out a Year’s Worth of Retail Profits. No one has any ability whatsoever, so the 25% price increase comes straight out of the P&L. Things were already bad and the bankruptcies are on the way. Click here.
3) Walmart Blows Out Earnings, but expects pain to come from a trade war that is seriously boosting prices. Buy (WMT), the next FANG. Click here.
4) Weekly Jobless Claims Plunge, by 16,000 to 212,000. No wonder the market is rising. Click here.
5) Heard at the SALT Conference. Chinese are given loyalty scores by government secret algorithms, much like US FICO scores, except that these measure an individual’s adherence to government policies. Score too low and your movements are restricted, as has happened to 30 million people, much like what a sub 600 FICO score does in America.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(WHY US BONDS LOVE CHINESE TARIFFS)
(TLT), (TBT), (SOYB), (BA), (GM)
(THE BEST TESTIMONIAL EVER)
(WHY YOU SHOULD AVOID INTEL)
(INTC), (QCOM), (ORCL), (WDC)