Mad Hedge Hot Tips
May 17, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) The China Tariffs Deliver the Largest Tax Increase in History, according to US Treasury figures. With Walmart (WMT) already issuing warnings, we should sit up and take notice. Click here.
2) April Housing Starts to Jump, up 5.7%. Permits are also up 0.5%. With the 30-year fixed rate loan down to 2.12%, low rates are having their desired effect. On the other hand, Chinese tariffs are driving costs through the roof. Click here.
3) Wall Street Slammed by Trade Fears. Stocks made back exactly half of their May loss, then faded. I covered my short in bonds for a small profit. The bond market seems to be expecting a recession. Click here.
4) Atlanta Fed Axes Growth Prospects, for Q2, from 3.2% to 1.1%. This trade war is getting expensive. No wonder stocks have been in a swan dive. Click here.
5) Heard at SALT. Don’t put your DNA on the web. Not only will you be denied health insurance, so will all of your future decedents.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch:
(MAY 15 BIWEEKLY STRATEGY WEBINAR Q&A),
(MSFT), (GOOGL), (AAPL), (LMT), (XLV), (EWG), (VIX), (VXX), (BA), (TSLA), (UBER), (LYFT),
(HOW TO HANDLE THE FRIDAY, MAY 17 OPTIONS EXPIRATION),