Mad Hedge Hot Tips
May 24, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) All Markets Now Signaling Recession, with bonds up huge and everything else down huge, like all stocks, oil, commodities, and real estate. Technology is leading the charge to the downside. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Ten-year US Treasury yields plunge to 2.30%. It might be a good summer to take a round the world cruise. Click here.
2) Mad Hedge Market Timing Index Dives to 28, from a high of 72 just weeks ago. That means stocks have more downside to go, and a solid “BUY” won’t appear for two months. Click here.
3) The Federal Reserve Warns that Trade Could Demolish the Recovery. You break it, you own it. Isn’t it amazing how quickly panics happen? Risk happens fast. Click here.
4) Tesla Production May Hit New Record in Q2. That’s why I bought (TSLA) yesterday. The 5.3% 2025 convertible bonds are essentially a no risk 10% yield here for the next six years. Tweeting is out, leaked documents are in, and not an SEC offending coming from Elon Musk anywhere. Is this the new business model? Click here.
5) British Prime Minister Theresa May Resigns, sending the British pound into a tailspin. Brexit goes on hold one more time. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch:
(MONDAY JULY 8 VENICE, ITALY STRATEGY LUNCHEON)
(FROM THE FRONT LINE OF THE TRADE WAR)
(SPY), (AAPL), (TLT)