Mad Hedge Hot Tips
May 6, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) The China Trade War Ratchets Up, with Trump imposing 25% tariffs on $200 billion more in imports. It seems that the negotiations were not going as well as advertised. The stock market won’t like this one bit. The heat in the kitchen is getting too hot. The headline should read “25% tax to hit US consumers.” Going to 100% cash. Click Here.
2) Preview of the Next Correction or Bear Market. Watch what’s going down today and you have a preview of the next correction or bear market. Lead that led the upside will lead the downside too, with NASDAQ opening down 200 points this morning.
3) Softbank to Raise $100 Billion in Vision Fund IPO. It may be a pipe dream but if Masayoshi Son pulls it off stocks will REALLY get expensive. And can you squeeze another $100 billion into the San Francisco Bay Area? Me thinks not. Click Here
4) Uber to Go Public This Week, likely at a $90 billion valuation which will suck $10 billion out of the market. The question is, what other stocks will people sell to get a piece of the biggest ride sharing company? Click Here
5) More Trouble for Boeing. Pilots say Boeing knew about software troubles for a year before the crash. Wait for a bigger dip to buy (BA). Click Here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(MARKET OUTLOOK FOR THE WEEK AHEAD, OR HERE’S ANOTHER BOMBSHELL),
(DIS), (QQQ), (AAPL), (INTU), (GOOGL), (LYFT), (UBER)
(PAYPAL GOES FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH)
(PYPL), (SQ), (GOOGL), (LYFT)