Mad Hedge Hot Tips
November 12, 2018
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Suppliers Cut, Apple Swoons, off $9 on a report that demand for facial recognition parts is fading. I’m a buyer down here, off $40 from the October high. Click here.
2) US Dollar Surges to an 18-Month High. Look for more gains with interest rates hikes continuing unabated. Avoid emerging markets (EEM) and commodities (FCX) like the plague. Click here.
3) Alibaba Coins $1 billion in the First Minute of “Singles Day” in the Chinese “black Friday,” blasting all records. In all, (BABA) took in $25 billion on the day. However, the shares remain in a downtrend as long as the trade war continues. Click here.
4) The Smart Money is Moving Back into Gold. Some $1 billion poured into gold ETFs while cash poured out of stocks in October. In the meantime, the Bank of England has banned further gold sales by Venezuela’s central bank which has been conducting a fire sale of the barbarous relic. Click here.
5) Captain Thomas is Headed Off to Lead the Local Veterans Day Parade. After that, it’s off to Applebee’s to claim my free dinner. Urrah and Semper Fi!
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(THE MARKET OUTLOOK FOR THE WEEK AHEAD, or IT’S FINALLY OVER),
(SPY), (TLT), (AAPL), (ROKU), (USO)
(THE NEXT OVERHYPED TECH PRODUCT TO BOMB)
(SSNGY), (AAPL), (GOOGL)