Mad Hedge Hot Tips
November 26, 2018
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
To sign up for free Hot Tips please click here.
1) Oil is Trying to Bottom Here, and So Are Stocks. The two are now joined at the hip. Watching the (USO) for the right timing to re-enter the long side on stocks.
2) Black Friday Sales Up 4.5% YOY, to $23 billion, and I’m sure my kids accounted for at least half of that. The recession takes a day off.
3) General Motors Closes 3 Plants and Lays Off 15,000, as trade wars wreak havoc on old-line industries. It looks like Millennials would rather ride their scooters than buy new cars. Click here.
4) Markets Have Given Up Half the Valuation Gain of the Past Decade in only 7 Weeks, with price earnings multiples plunging from 20X to only 14.9X. The 2009 low was 9.5. Could this mean stocks are cheap?
5) Microsoft Now Tops Apple as the World’s Most Valuable Company. A 25% drop in the stock in seven weeks will do that. And the Mad Hedge Technology Letter thinks (MSFT) has the better growth prospects from here. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(THE MARKET OUTLOOK FOR THE WEEK AHEAD, or ARE WE IN OR OUT?)
(FB), (AAPL), (AMZN), (NFLX), (GOOG), (SPY), (TLT), (USO), (UNG), (ROM)
(WILL THE FAANGS FINALLY KILL OFF TELEVISION?)
(AMZN), (DIS), (FOX), (ROKU), (FB), (AAPL), (GOOGL)