Mad Hedge Hot Tips
November 28, 2018
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Traders Are Getting G-20 Fever. Will the Friday Buenos Aires meeting suddenly solve all our problems? Click here.
2) Trump Bashes the Fed Again, attempting to talk down interest rates. He’ll likely have the opposite effect as the Fed tries to prove its independence. Governor Jay Powell may provide some clarity at today’s speech at the Economic Club of New York, or he may not. After all, he is the boss. Click here.
3) Salesforce (CRM) Earnings Rock, and the stock soars 7%. Finally, a positive stock move after a positive earnings release. It a good thing that the Mad Hedge Technology Letter is long. Click here.
4) S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index Price Rise Hits an 18-Month Low, at 5.5%. With housing in free fall nationally, further price declines are to come. With mortgage rates up a full point in a year and affordability at a decade low, who’s surprised? Click here.
5) Q3 GDP Drops to 3.5%, Down From 4.2% in Q2. Was Q2 a one-hit wonder? The stock market certainly thinks so. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(WHAT I TOLD MY BIGGEST HEDGE FUND CLIENT)
(SPY), (AAPL), (AMZN), (MSFT)
(TRUMP’S TARIFF THREAT FOR APPLE))
(AAPL), (BABA), (EBAY), (WMT), (FB), (MSFT), (AMZN)