Mad Hedge Hot Tips
October 22, 2018
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Watch Out for a Tenfold Increase in IPOs in 2019, as the mega unicorns such as Uber and Airbnb go public. Everyone wants to get stock out the door before the next recession hits. Will it kill the goose that laid the golden egg? Click here.
2) It’s a Big Week for Tech Earnings. Can blowout earnings reports from Amazon and Microsoft end a steep correction? So far, so good. Click here.
3) Chinese Stock Markets Soar 4%. Maybe they have been tipped about a coming deal with the US? Click here.
4) Trump Announces Major New Tax Cut, with the midterm election two weeks off. But even his own party knows nothing about it, and Congress is out of session. With the budget deficit about to break $1 trillion for the first time since the crash markets aren’t buying it, with stocks down and bonds up. Click here.
5) Headless Body in Topless Bar. I’ve been waiting for years to use the most famous newspaper headline in history. Richard Parsons only lasted a month as the new CEO of CBS. Maybe it was the list of pending litigation that made him sick. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(THE MARKET OUTLOOK FOR THE WEEK AHEAD, or HEADING FOR LAKE TAHOE),
(SPY), (TLT), (VIX), (MSFT), (AMZN), (CRM), (ROKU),
(BRING BACK THE UPTICK RULE!)
(FACEBOOK’S DARPA DALLIANCE),
(FB), (GOOGL), (AAPL)