Mad Hedge Hot Tips
October 29, 2018
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) IBM Takes Over Red Hat (RHT) for $33 Billion, the third largest merger in history. It’s a little too late for Big Blue as the stock falls on the news. Click here.
2) Apple Earnings Are Out on Thursday, the big number of the month. Expectations are high. They’ll probably announce a new Mac and iPad. Click here.
3) Stocks Hit a Two-Year Valuation Low, as retail investors dump stocks on a massive scale. Multiples for next year’s earnings have plunged from 18.32 to 15.55. Sounds like a deal to me! Click here.
4) Tesla Stock Soars Again, in the wake of the first profit in two years, as Elon Musk says his $20 million fine is “worth it”. Coming back from Lake Tahoe this weekend I saw over a dozen trucks delivering brand new Tesla 3’s east. Click here.
5) Germany’s Angela Merkel Steps Down as Party Head, but remains as chancellor, sending the Euro (FXE) crashing and the US dollar (UUP) soaring. As if we needed more instability. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(THE MARKET OUTLOOK FOR THE WEEK AHEAD, or THE COMING 2018 REPLAY),
(TLT), (SPY), (VIX), (VXX), (AAPL),
(FB), (AMZN), (NFLX), (TESLA),
(A COW-BASED ECONOMICS LESSON)
(THE DIGITAL NOMAD ISSUE)