Mad Hedge Hot Tips
September 25, 2018
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Share Buybacks Are Booming, hitting $189 billion in Q2, up 60% YOY, the most in history. At this rate the stock market will completely disappear in 20 years. Shortage of supply means prices can only go up. Click here.
2) NAFTA to Move Ahead Without Canada. That means Congress can’t approve it. Start stockpiling that maple syrup! But markets won’t care. Click here.
3) Oil Goes Higher, with Iran threatening to close the Strait of Hormuz, as they have done for 50 years. Click here.
4) Copper Hits a Two-Month High. With the biggest one day gain in five years. Is the bear market in commodities finally over? Buy Freeport-McMoRan (FCX), the world’s largest producer. Click here.
5) The U.S. Dollar Keeps Falling (UUP). You usually don’t see a weak currency going into a rate rise. Buy the rumor, sell the news? Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(AI AND THE NEW HEALTH CARE),
(GOOGL), (XLP), (XLV), (MRK), (BMY), (PFE),
(MONDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2018, ATLANTA, GA,
GLOBAL STRATEGY LUNCHEON),
(AMAZON’S HOME INVASION),
(AMZN), (GOOGL), (HBB), (PG)