Mad Hedge Hot Tips
September 26, 2018
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Fed to Raise Interest Rates at 2:00 PM EST, and all is on hold until then. Technology is up (XLK); volatility is down (VIX). Click here.
2) Interest Payments to Become the Largest Government Expense Within a Decade, at $900 billion far outpacing the defense budget by 2028. Exploding deficits are already taking a toll, with the 30-year fixed home mortgage hitting a seven-year high at 4.95%. And you wonder why bonds (TLT) were falling? Click here.
3) Survey Monkey Goes Public, and it looks to be a hot issue. Why didn’t your broker get you in on this one? Maybe it’s time to take HIM out for a round of golf? Click here.
4) August Home Sales are Up 3.5%, after many months of declines. High interest rates and affordability are really starting to drag on this market. Click here.
5) Comcast Buys Sky TV, for $40 billion after a battle of the century. Apparently, more people watch soccer than we thought. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
SPECIAL CAR ISSUE:
(SAY GOODBYE TO THAT GAS GUZZLER),
(GM), (F), (TSLA), (GOOGL), (AAPL),
(DID SIRIUS OPEN UP PANDORA’S BOX?),
(SPOT), (P), (SIRI), (AAPL), (AMZN)