Mad Hedge Hot Tips
September 4, 2018
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Trade Talks Fail on Every Front, and markets hate it. Punitive tariffs against our allies are turning from a negotiating tactic to trench warfare. Expect a long slog. It’s a good day to be long volatility (VXX), now up 25% from our cost. Click here.
2) It’s Also a Good Day to be Short Bonds (TLT), as massive corporate issuance collides with huge government borrowing. A 15% profit on our short position is now within reach. Click here.
3) U.S. Manufacturing Activity Hits a 14-Year High. Yes, the economy is still red hot, but is it peaking? Click here.
4) Mercedes Launches its First Electric Car, the EQ, in the first real challenge to Tesla (TSLA) in a decade. But it still can’t match Tesla on range. Click here.
5) Ford (F) Accelerates its Exit from the Sedan Business, as we move to an SUV world. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2018, HOUSTON
GLOBAL STRATEGY LUNCHEON),
(DON’T MISS THE SEPTEMBER 5 GLOBAL STRATEGY WEBINAR),
(THE MARKET OUTLOOK FOR THE WEEK AHEAD, or
THE WAR WITH CANADA STARTS ON TUESDAY),
(MSFT), (VXX), (TLT), (AAPL), (KO), (GM), (F),
READY PLAYER ONE'S INSIGHT INTO THE FUTURE OF TECHNOLOGY