Mad Hedge Hot Tips
April 17, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Health Care Drags Down Stocks Again. It seems that (XLV) is NOT the sector to buy ahead of an election. Medicare for all? Click here.
2) Boeing is Retaliation Target Number One, if Trump starts a trade war with Europe. Caterpillar (CAT) is number two on the list. Better avoid for now. ALWAYS kick a good stock when its down. Click here.
3) Oil Hits a New 2019 High. OPEC discipline also hits a record. Gas at the pump will hit $4.00 just as the summer driving hits. Maybe it’s time for a “staycation” this year? Take that long cross country trip during the next global recession. Click here.
4) Mortgage Applications Hit a Nine-Year High, as low rates rescue the residential housing market from the jaws of defeat. But don’t get sucked into housing stocks here (IYR). Click here.
5) Apple and QUALCOMM End Epic Legal Battle, over smart phone chip patent dispute. It finally became a high distraction of (AAPL). Buy (QCOM) on the dip. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(DECODING THE GREENBACK),
(WHAT ABOUT ASSET ALLOCATION?)
(ALPHABET DOMINATES WITH GOOGLE MAPS)
(GOOGL), (AMZN), (YELP), (UBER)