Mad Hedge Hot Tips
August 10, 2018
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
Note to Paid Subscribers: As part of my never-ending quest to improve the Mad Hedge service, I am launching a new daily product called The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today (and what to do about them). The service is free for current paid subscribers. It is exactly what it says it is, and should boost your trading performance even further. Enjoy!
1) Why You Care About the Turkish Lira. The trade war induced 20% plunge in the Turkish currency today. A NATO member wipes out all U.S. exports to our oldest trading partner. Russia is threatening war over its currency depreciation. Who's next? Click here for more.
2) The July Consumer Price Index Soars to 2.9%, a Decade High. Yes, it's called inflation. But why did bonds rally on the news when they should have collapsed? To learn more click here.
3) The VIX finally Spikes Off the Bottom. With the Mad Hedge Market Timing Index flashing 77 on Wednesday, I should have been buying the daylights out of volatility. When am I going to start believing my own research? Was it jet lag? Or the forest fires?
4) Will Trump's Tariffs Kill off the Economy? Suddenly, nobody can get cheap parts from China. Is the stock market noticing today? For more click here.
5) Will the Market Care About the 10-Year Anniversary of the 2008 Crash? Expect a lot of recriminations and navel gazing. Time to review those risk controls. Click here for more.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch:
(AUGUST 6 BIWEEKLY STRATEGY WEBINAR Q&A),
(SPY), (TBT), (PIN), (ISRG), (EDIT), (MU), (LRCX), (NVDA), (FXE), (FXA), (FXY), (BOTZ), (VALE), (TSLA), (AMZN),
(THE DEATH OF THE CAR),
(GM), (F), (TSLA), (GOOG), (AAPL)