Mad Hedge Hot Tips
March 13, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Pick Your Airline Carefully. Southwest, American, Norwegian, and Icelandic Air have the most 737 Max 8 planes and their shares are getting hammered, while United (UAL) has none. As for me, I either fly my own plane or take the train. Keep buying the dip in (BA). Click here.
2) China Trade Talks to End Within Weeks, deal or no deal, says head US negotiator Robert Lighthizer. What is this, the 45th time the administration has used this headline to goose the market? Traders are getting fed up. Click here.
3) Tesla Unveils its Model Y on Thursday, a small SUV to compete with the Toyota RAV 4. The grab for market share and volume production continues. Firing their sales staff cuts overall costs by 6%. Buy (TSLA) at $260 with a tight stop. Click here.
4) Reverse Mortgages are Making a Big Comeback. Just ask actor Tom Selleck who is making millions advertising them on TV. Be careful, or your mother will end up on the street when the equity goes below zero. Click here.
5) January Construction Spending Up 1.3%, in a rare positive data point. Nothing to say here. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(WHY BOND YIELDS ARE GOING TO ZERO),
(TLT), (TBT), ($TNX),
(NVIDIA STEPS UP ITS GAME),
(NVDA), (INTC), (MSFT), (ANET), (CSCO), (MCHP), (XLNX)