Mad Hedge Hot Tips
May 8, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) The Tweet That Sank Wall Street. This trade deal is getting expensive, with the Dow down over 1,000 points from last week’s high giving up one-third of all 2019 gains. As your retirement funds disappear up their own exhaust pipe, write a protest letter to the White House which told a deal would be signed by Friday. Staying 100% cash. Click here.
2) Bonds Explode to the Upside on Stock Market Panic, as the world stampedes to “RISK OFF.” There’s a great (TLT) short setting up here, but not quite yet. Click here.
3) Gold Caches a Bid, as the global flight to safety accelerates. But it is a poor showing so far, given the magnitude of the stock market moves. Click here.
4) Chinese Exports to the US Fall, as US price increases start to take a bite. The Middle Kingdom is no longer able to cut their own prices through Yuan depreciation, thanks to their own economic stimulus program. Click here.
5) Chinese Vice Premier Coming to the US, but Liu only has 24 hours to meet the deadline. Looks like the Chinese think they can get a better deal from the next president. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(THE ULTRA BULL ARGUMENT FOR GOLD),
(GLD), (GDX), (ABX), (SLV), (PALL), (PPLT)
(ELBOWED OUT OF THE WAY BY APPLE)