Mad Hedge Hot Tips
September 27, 2018
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Three More Fed Rate Hikes in 2019, after a coming December hike, which will take overnight rates up to 3.00% to 3.25%. Wealth is about to transfer from borrowers to savers in a major way. Click here.
2) JP Morgan Goes Apple Picking, with an initial target of $272. The stock is up three bucks on the report, accounting for the entire Dow move up this morning. It’s all about services. So why is (JPM) only getting around to covering Steve Jobs’ creation now? It makes my average cost of 25 cents look pretty good. Click here.
3) Kavanaugh Supreme Court Hearings Will Bring All Markets to a Grinding Halt, from 10:00 AM EST onward as traders drop everything to watch TV. Get ready for congressional porn and scare the kids away from the TV. Volumes could drop by half. Click here.
4) Most Data Was Bad This Morning. We could be moving from universally good to choppy as tax cut effects wear off. Core capital goods were off, weekly jobless claims pop 13,000 to 214,000, and the trade deficit explodes to $75 billion. However, Q2 GDP holds at 4.2%. Click here.
5) U.S. September Auto Sales Seen Down 6%. Another nail in the auto industry coffin. If you can’t sell a car now in this red-hot economy, when will you? Are that many people riding electric scooters instead? Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(HOW TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE WITH PARALLEL TRADING),
(GM), (F), (TM), (NSANY), (DDAIF), BMW (BMWYY), (VWAPY),
(PALL), (GS), (RSX), (EZA), (CAT), (CMI), (KMTUY),
(KODK), (SLV), (AAPL),
(TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2018,
MIAMI, FL, GLOBAL STRATEGY LUNCHEON),
(THE RATS ARE LEAVING THE SINKING SHIP AT FACEBOOK)