“Banks make money on a big fat yield spread. The Fed is killing that,” said Michael Pento of Pento Portfolio Strategies.
“When it comes to reputational risk, the banks can’t really fall off the floor,” said Bart Naylor, a consumer advocate.
“Now, you are starting to see people front run hedge fund books. People are front running John Paulson’s book. Everybody can see this. People are starting to line up the ducks and ask which hedge funds are going to have redemptions. Which position should I get in front of? Gold is a big problem in [...]
“If past history is all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians,” said Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett.
“For the last 20 days, I feel like I have played psychologist more than I have played money manager,” said financial talk show host, Kyle Harrington.
“This is not 2008 or 2009. People are getting overblown with this hysteria. We are only 10% off the highs and have only given back gains. It’s like your wife may have been expecting diamond earrings and now she got a blender,” said Alan Knuckman, chief trading advisor at onestopoption.com.
“For Europe to be competitive, to reflect the seizing up of the economy, you need a Euro that is at par or lower,” said John Brynjolfson, managing director of hedge fund Armored Wolf
“To get rich is glorious!” said Deng Xiaoping, the Chinese general who launched the country’s modern economy in the seventies.
“At some point in 2012, knuckles are going to be turning white, and we’ll see whatever rabbits Ben Bernanke is going to have to pull out of his hat”, said David Rosenberg of Gluskin, Sheff in Associates
“If there were no way to short stocks, the probability of stock market bubbles would be much greater,” said hedge fund manager, Bill Ackman, of Pershing Square.
“Public sentiment is everything,” said Abraham Lincoln.
“China has more dry gunpowder than just about anyone in the world. But it now looks like the soft landing is turning into a hard landing,” said John Brynjolfson, managing director of hedge fund Armored Wolf.
“Here come the helicopters once again,” said Austan Goolsbee, former chairman of the council of economic advisors.
“From day one the euro has not really worked. The problem is that it is creating a huge degree of lack of competitiveness because their culture is different,” said former Federal Reserve chairman, Alan Greenspan.
“I will believe that corporations are people only when the states of Texas and Alabama start executing them,” said former Secretary of Labor, Robert Reich.
- May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013
- July 25 Portofino, Italy Strategy Luncheon May 22, 2013
- Five Stocks to Buy for the Second Half May 22, 2013
- Testimonial May 22, 2013
- May 22, 2013 – Quote of the Day May 22, 2013
- July 25, 2013, Portofino Strategy Luncheon May 21, 2013
- May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013
- July 2 New York Strategy Luncheon May 21, 2013
- End of the Commodity Super Cycle May 21, 2013
- May 21, 2013 – Quote of the Day May 21, 2013
- SOLD OUT! San Francisco November 4th Strategy Luncheon October 25, 2011
- My 2012-13 Stock Market Forecast. October 31, 2012
- Last Chance to Come Join Me for the Paris Strategy Luncheon – July 17, 2012 July 15, 2012
- Will Gold Coins Suffer the Fate of the $10,000 Bill? November 25, 2011
- My Personal Leading Economic Indicator November 25, 2011
- SOLD OUT! December 27 Chicago Strategy Luncheon December 22, 2011
- An Evening With the Chinese Intelligence Service December 25, 2011
- Take a Look at Occidental Petroleum (OXY) December 26, 2011
- Another Nail in the Euro Coffin January 16, 2012
- Sold Out! Las Vegas January 27, 2012 Strategy Luncheon January 23, 2012