“Right now, by historical standards, stocks are significantly undervalued. “Irrational exuberance” is the last term I would use to characterize the market right now,” said former Federal Reserve chairman, Alan Greenspan.
“I figured it was just as easy to hear “no” from someone who’s wealthy as from someone who is not wealthy,” said Steve Lockshin of Convergent Wealth, the largest independent financial advisor in California, with $10.5 billion in assets.
“ Going to weddings and funerals is part of being a financial advisor,” said Theresa Chacopulos of Wells Fargo Private Banking, the top producing financial advisor in Arizona.
“Interest rates are to investments what gravity is to physics,” said Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett.
“China thinks strategically. We think reactively,” said Stephen Roach, former chairman of Morgan Stanley Asia, and my friend and former mentor.
“One must marvel at where the stock market is in relation to the rest of our world. With the economy in relation to the politics, it’s not a happy time. If you look at how they were viewing Obama just before the election, we’ve just walked through the raindrops in regards to the stock market [...]
‘There is one peculiarity about mass psychology in that when you are in a bubble, you can’t see it. Bubbles are invisible when you are inside the bubble,’ said the charming Jim Dines, of The Dines Letter.
‘If you can get a dividend higher than the yield on ten year debt, it’s an opportunity we haven’t seen in our lifetime. On a five year horizon, investing in large multinationals with high dividends will have a large payday’ said Lawrence Fink, CEO of Black Rock.
“The dumbest investment in my view is a long term government bond,” said Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett.
“All over the world, money managers are waiting for the signal that the Fed is going to end easing. I think everyone is on a hair trigger,” said oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett.
“Banks have turned into gigantic gambling institutions. You never know what you own. I wouldn’t touch them if you pointed a gun to my head,” said legendary hedge fund manager Bill Fleckenstein on Hedge Fund Radio.
“Those who expect double digit returns going forwards are going to be severely disappointed,” said Bill Gross, CEO of bond giant, PIMCO.
“When former president, Jimmy Carter, once addressed a graduating class in Japan, they suddenly broke out into wild laughter. He later insisted that the interpreter tell him what he said. After much prodding, he confessed “I said the president has just told a joke, and you must laugh.”
‘Total credit market debt in the world has gone from $80 trillion to $200 trillion in the last ten years, an 11% annual rate, while GDP has grown by 4%. This can’t continue. It’s a simple matter of arithmetic,’ said Kyle Bass, of hedge fund Hayman Partners.
“You can reduce discretionary spending down to zero and it won’t have much impact on our fiscal problems because it’s such a small proportion of the total,” said Ben Bernanke, chairman of the Federal Reserve.
- May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013
- July 2 New York Strategy Luncheon May 21, 2013
- End of the Commodity Super Cycle May 21, 2013
- May 21, 2013 – Quote of the Day May 21, 2013
- Follow Up to Trade Alert – (GLD) May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013
- Trade Alert – (GLD) May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013
- May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013
- Introducing the Mad Day Trader May 20, 2013
- A Special Note to Trade Alert Followers May 20, 2013
- Revisiting the First Silver Bubble May 20, 2013
- SOLD OUT! San Francisco November 4th Strategy Luncheon October 25, 2011
- My 2012-13 Stock Market Forecast. October 31, 2012
- Last Chance to Come Join Me for the Paris Strategy Luncheon – July 17, 2012 July 15, 2012
- Will Gold Coins Suffer the Fate of the $10,000 Bill? November 25, 2011
- My Personal Leading Economic Indicator November 25, 2011
- SOLD OUT! December 27 Chicago Strategy Luncheon December 22, 2011
- An Evening With the Chinese Intelligence Service December 25, 2011
- Take a Look at Occidental Petroleum (OXY) December 26, 2011
- Another Nail in the Euro Coffin January 16, 2012
- Sold Out! Las Vegas January 27, 2012 Strategy Luncheon January 23, 2012