Mad Hedge Hot Tips
December 13, 2018
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) US Corporate Profits Have Peaked, so don’t forget to sell the next big rally. You don’t want to be left standing when the music stops playing. Click here.
2) Bearishness is at a Record High, with the AAII survey of investment managers showing 20.9% bulls versus 48.9% bears. Such radical numbers usually indicate that a turning point is near. Click here.
3) Trump Says He’ll Spring the Huawei CFO to Get a China Trade Deal. Hey, anything for the deal! Never mind that she was selling telecom equipment to the ayatollahs. If it makes my stocks go up, I’m fine with that. I’m not welcome in Tehran anyway. Click here.
4) It was 38 Years Ago Today That Apple Went Public and has generated a 43,000% return since its $22 IPO price. I waited until the next crash and then bought it at $4 where it sits in one of my “no touch” retirement portfolios today. The great rule of thumb after 50 years of investment is that if you hold a stock long enough, the dividend will eventually exceed your original capital cost, giving you a 100% a year return. Click here.
5) India was the Top Destination of Remitted US Earnings, at $80 billion last year followed by China at $67 billion and the Philippines at $34 billion. That’s a lot of grandmas to support. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(WHAT’S THE MATTER WITH APPLE?),
(AAPL), (MSFT), (KO), (AMZN), (CLX), (NFLX),
(WHY YOUR OTHER INVESTMENT NEWSLETTER IS SO DANGEROUS)
(HOW PAYPAL IS DESTROYING LEGACY BANKING)
(MSFT), (TWLO), (ADBE), (PYPL), (CRM), (SQ), (ROKU), (AMZN)