Mad Hedge Hot Tips
December 7, 2018
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Here We Go Again, as stock plunge once more and the algorithms exact another pound of flesh. Where is the SEC when you need them? Playing golf at Bedminster? Bring back the uptick rule and put these guys out of business. Click here.
2) Another Day, Another Apple Downgrade. UBS cuts price target from $225 down to $210 on fading iPhone 10R sales. Doesn’t that make Apple a screaming “BUY” here, down 23% in two months? When will it ever end? I hope before the December 21 options expiration. (AAPL) Click here.
3) November Nonfarm Payroll Comes in at a Weak 155,000, but headline unemployment still hugs a half-century low. When will someone start spiking the eggnog? An awful lot of people are starting to discount a 2019 recession, no matter what the administration says. Click here.
4) Don’t Plan Any Trips to China Soon, as the Chinese look to grab an American executive to trade for the Huawei CFO arrested this week. Apparently, she was nabbed right when the president was negotiating a trade deal with China in Buenos Aires. Expect worse to come. At least the market is. Click here.
5) Oil Soars 5% as OPEC Cuts Output, as Iran and Saudi Arabia compromise. Who knew about this bromance? Russia chipped in a 200,000-barrel cut, bring the overall output decline to 1.2 million barrels a day. Let the cheating begin! I told you to buy those oil stocks! (XOM), (OXY). Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(WHY TECHNICAL ANALYSIS IS A DISASTER WORK)
(SPY), (QQQ), (IWM), (VIX),