Mad Hedge Hot Tips
January 29, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) NVIDIA guides Down and Semis Get Crushed, down 10% across the board. Excess inventory, falling prices, and the demise of crypto get the blame. Use this dip to start buying the most cyclical industry in the market.
2) How’s the Economy Doing?Beats me! It could be weeks before the Commerce Department’s Bureau of Economic Analysis returns to its regular schedule of data releases. Stock traders will just have to guess unto then. Click here.
3) Bitcoin Hits a New One Year Low, at $3,400. Some $400 billion has gone to money Heaven since 2017. Only $113 billion in market capitalization remains. I told you it was a Ponzi scheme. Click here.
4) All Eyes Are on Apple Today, which reports earnings after the close. Tim Cook already braced investors for a disappointment weeks ago. The big question is how fast non-iPhone earnings will grow which were up 19% last year. Click here.
5) US $1.5 trillion Tax Cut Has No Impact on Capital Spending Plans, says the nonpartisan congressional budget office. Why waste money on expensive factories when you can buy your own stock and boost management compensation? Told you so. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(RISK CONTROL FOR DUMMIES),
(SPY), (AMZN), (TLT), (CRM), (VXX)
(WHAT’S BEHIND THE NVIDIA MELTDOWN),
(QRVO), (MU), (SWKS), (NVDA), (AMD), (INTC), (AAPL), (AMZN), (GOOGL), (MSFT), (FB)