Mad Hedge Hot Tips
January 31, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) “PATIENCE” is still the order of the day at the Federal Reserve, with its Open Market Committee Meeting ordering no interest rate rise. It was a trifecta for the doves. The free pass for stocks continues. That’s why I covered all my shorts starting from last week. Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds an acorn. Click here.
2) Case Shiller Home Price Index Drops Again, in November, from 5.3% to 5.2% YOY. Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Seattle are still showing the largest gains. It looks like your home-flipping days are over. Click here.
3) Stocks Pop to a 16X Multiple, on a Dow up 500-point day. Given that earnings growth for 2019 is coming down to a 0%-5% range, the market looks a little bit rich to me. Don’t try to pick up too many pennies in front of the steamroller. Click here.
4) Chicago PMI Hits a Two-Year low plunging from 61.40 to 56.7. Why is the bond market saying we are going into recession and the stock market say we aren’t? Warning: the bond market is always right. Click here.
5) Tesla Reports Another Profit, for the second consecutive quarter and the company is about to reach escape velocity. Stocks dive $10. Model 3 production in 2019 to reach 75% of the total output and we can expect a new pickup truck. A second factory in Shanghai will take the “3” to over a half million units a year. That $35,000 Tesla is just over the horizon. Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(MARKET GETS A FREE PASS FROM THE FED),
(SPY), ($INDU), (TLT), (GLD), (FXE), (UUP),
(APPLE SEIZES VICTORY FROM THE JAWS OF DEFEAT),