Mad Hedge Hot Tips
April 30, 2019
The Five Most Important Things That Happened Today
(and what to do about them)
1) Alphabet Gets Slaughtered, with the stock down 7% on weak earnings. The strong US dollar gets the blame, decimating foreign earnings for the last FANG to report. Wait two more days and then buy the dip in (GOOGL). Click here.
2) Spotify Hits 100 million Subscribers, on big international push. There’s no trade here, but (SPOT) is a great long term hold for the world’s number two music streamer. Click here.
3) Chicago PMI Dives, in April from 58.7 to 52.6. Purchases are running far behind expectations. Did everyone spend all their money in Q1? Click here.
4) Master Card Earnings Leap. No matter what you do on the Internet, you’re going to need a credit card. Buy (MA) on dips and (V) also. Click here.
5) San Francisco Home Prices Fall for the First Time in 7 Years. The median price is now only $830,000, down 0.1% YOY. Back up the truck! Wait until all that IPO money hits the market! Click here.
Published today in the Mad Hedge Global Trading Dispatch and Mad Hedge Technology Letter:
(JUNE 21 AUCKLAND NEW ZEALAND STRATEGY LUNCHEON),
(WHY DOCTORS MAKE TERRIBLE TRADERS)
(AMAZON’S NEW GAME CHANGER)
(AMZN), (WMT), (TGT), (UPS), (FDX)